Friday, November 25, 2011

Support Local Friday

While some of the deals being offered at the big box shops can be appealing, can we think about our favorite parts about the holiday time? I hardly think most people would include, ridiculous traffic, parking lot hell, and mean co-shoppers on their list of warm fuzzy holiday feelings.  I like hanging out with family, sharing an amazing meal, the laughs, and memories. Ultimately my favorite presents include the hand knit scarf my mom makes me every year. The beautiful art work from my brother's girlfriend.  It's the handmade stuff that I love and remember.  Sure I love my Sephora gift cards, but I still have every scarf my mom ever made me. That's what I love and remember.  So this year when you're shopping for your family please shop local. And if you can't go local, shop on a crafter website.. (Etsy Shopping) or better yet try to make your own for your family and friends. Happy holidays from this non-black Friday shopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment